A famous dish from the Parsi community in the west of India. Although, It is one of the famous indian food recipes all over the world. This amasing fragrant curry is often served at weddings and special occasions. You can make it even if y ou are sad though ! The Lamb on the bone is cooked in a lightly spiced sauce with garlic, cloves and ginger. After simmered with jaggery (Indian cane sugar) and apricots for an extra touch of sweetness the delicious Salli boti is ready to be served.
Now let’s learn how to make this delicious Salli Boti recipe. It is given bellow-
- 1 bowl of chopped onions
- 4-5 Tbsp of oil
- 300 gm of boneless mutton
- 2 Tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 1/2 tsp roasted coriander
- 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 1 bowl of chopped tomatoes
- 1 bowl of Salli/fine potato shreds
- 3 tsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
Read about more Delicious Indian recipe Dal Bafla
How to Make Salli Boti:
- First of all heat the oil in a pan.
- Add onions to it.
- Fry them till they turn golden brown color.
- After that add ginger-garlic paste
- Then add mutton, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Now mix them well.
- Then mix in the the roasted coriander powder, cumin powder followed by tomatoes.
- Stir them all again.
- Then add a little sugar and vinegar.
- After that add garam masala and salt, mix well.
- Then you have to reduce the flame and cover till cooked for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Add chopped coriander.
- Give it a final stir.
- Finally garnish it with more coriander leaves and top it up with lots of Salli.
Recipe Servings: 3
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes