Paal Payasam is one kind of delicious rice and milk pudding with cashews and raisins. Have you ever heard about happy endings?
That’s what this payasam is all about. A sweet end after a perfect meal. It is a top rated and one of the most favorite item in South Indian.
This recipe is also know as rice milk pudding is a very classic Kerala dessert. It is prepared during celebrations and festival seasons. Kerala feast is never complete without serving this sweet item at the end.
This is an easy process to prepare paal payasam recipe with mainly three ingredients. Hope, you all will try this and let us know your comments.
Lets see how to make Paal Payasam.
Read about more delicious South Indian Recipe Idli sambar
- 50 gm rice
- 5 gm cardamom powder
- 1 litre milk
- 50 gm cashew nuts
- 100 gm sugar
- 25 gm raisins
- 50 ml ghee(clarified butter)
More recommended: Kaju Kothimbir Vadi
How to Make Paal Payasam:
- First wash and soak the rice for 1/2 an hour.
- Then cook the rice in milk until soft.
- After that add there cardamom powder, sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Then add the cashew nuts into it.
- When the cashew nuts will be slightly golden, add the raisins and saute for 1 minute.
- Then pour on the rice mixture.
- After that serve warm.
Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 10 Minutes.
Cook Time: 45 Minutes.