Chicken Noodle Soup is very easy to make and has a delicious taste. It is a very good soup to prepare for friends as well as neighbors that you would like to cook for.
This soup is undeniably a comfort food for many people usually who are not feeling well or sick. Addition to that, this version gets a healthful update. The Whole-wheat egg noodles add fiber and nutrients as well as reduced-sodium chicken broth helps to reduce the sodium. If you have it by all means use homemade chicken broth.
- Four cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
- One cup chopped celery
- One Forth (1/4) cup chopped carrots
- One Forth cup chopped onion
- Butter 1/4 cup
- Egg noodles 8 ounces
- Water 12 cups
- Chicken bouillon 9 cubes
- Dried marjoram 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- One bay leaf.
You may be also interested in Chicken Soup
Chicken Noodle Soup cooking process:
- First in a large stock pot, saute celery and onion in butter or margarine.
- Then Add chicken, carrots, water, bouillon cubes, marjoram, black pepper, bay leaf, and parsley.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Then Add noodles, and simmer for 10 more minutes.