Bhapaa Aloo is one of the best Indian food recipes. It is delicious baby potato recipe made with Panch Phoran masala. It is very easy to make and can be served with luchi, poori or plain rice. Learn how to make Bhapaa Aloo recipe. It is given bellow-
- 2 tsp mustard oil
- minimum 200 gm small potatoes
- 1/2 tsp mustard paste
- 1/2 tsp Bengali five spice mixture (panchphoron) (whole jeera, fenugreek seeds, saunf seeds, black mustrad seeds and kalaunji)
- 2 dry red chillies
- Pinch of green chilli paste
- 1 tsp hung curd
- 3/4 tsp desiccated coconut paste
- Dash of lime juice
- Salt – for taste
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 2 banana leaves
Read about more delicious Indian recipe Paal Payasam
How to Make Bhapaa Aloo:
- Peel all potatoes and boil them in salted water. Then drain them and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add the five spice mixture.
- Then break the red chillies in half and add them.
- Stir spices around till they splutter.
- Pour this over all the potatoes and put them aside.
- In a bowl, you have to prepare a marinade with the mustard paste, curd, coconut paste, green chilli paste and turmeric powder.
- Then whip it well.
- Mix the potatoes into this marinade.
- Add the salt as your taste and lime juice. Then mix it again.
- Then put the potatoes on a steel plate.
- Cover with the banana leaves and steam them for 6-8 minutes. Serve hot.
Recipe Servings: 4
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes