Banjari Gosht is one of the favorite recipes from Rajasthan, India. It is prepared from mutton and yogurt, spices, the spices are not ground into a smooth powder. But pounded coarsely using a pestle. It is very popular in country-side. You can explore the authentic flavours of Rajasthani spices infused in juicy mutton pieces. And it is guaranteed that this one will dazzle at your dinner table!
Now lets learn how to make Banjari Gosht by following this easy recipe.
- 600 gm mutton (cleaned and cut)
- 150 gm oil
- 50 gm garam masala
- 200 gm onions
- 15 gm turmeric
- 80 gm ginger-garlic paste
- 150 gm yogurt
- salt for tasting
- 25 gm red chilli powder
- 6 red chillies
- 15 gm coriander seeds (roasted and crushed)
- 20 gm coriander powder
Read about more delicious Indian recipe Bhapaa Aloo
How to Make Banjari Gosht:
- First of all slice the onions carefully and gently.
- Then heat oil in a pan.
- Add the sliced onions on the oil in pan carefully
- Saute them till they turn brown.
- Then add ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt to taste, turmeric and coriander powder.
- After that add yogurt and mutton.
- Then add coriander seeds into it and allow them to cook.
- Garnish with pounded coriander seeds and red chillies.
Recipe Servings: 4
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes